It was a pleasure to write a guest post for Myntra’s Fashion Blog on the coming festival season. So here is the same post for all my readers who are wondering what “little something” they can add to their ethnic wear this festival season.
The Festive season is the best time of the year as we can shop to our heart’s content without feeling guilty, and with religious sanction! Today we will focus on how adding that little something to your outfit can instantly make you stand out. With your ethnic wear you can add a lot of these little somethings this festival season. Let’s take a look at 10 of them.
1. Maang Tikka : Maang tikka is a beautiful, ornamental piece of jewelry that adorns the forehead. Go for an elegant single strand tikka made of coloured stones that complement your dress. You can leave the maang tikka string visible or cover it with your hair as per your liking. Use bindi glue to fix the ornament to your forehead in case it doesn’t sit properly.
2. Mehndi : There can be nothing more ethnic for an Indian woman than the mehndi on her hands. During the festival season you will find a lot of Mehndi designers in common markets, so go and get your hands pretty! To get a dark color, mix few drops of lemon juice with sugar and apply it with a cotton ball.
3. Baju Band: Baju Band is an armlet usually embellished with stones. Try sporting a baju band if you are wearing a sleeveless outfit. Avoid wearing a baju band if you are already wearing very heavy jewellery.
4. Haath Phool: A style of jewellery that has a ring attached to a bracelet. Get a contemporary look with a delicate design with just a little pop of color.
5. Bindi: Bindi is a quick-fix if you want to add more Indian-ness to your look. There are enough and more designs of bindis available in the market. My personal favorite is a small Swarovski bindi that goes well with everything ethnic.
6. Statement Ring: It is quite easy to make a statement when one has a unique pretty ring in one’s collection.
7. Hair Accessories: Hair Accessories are great if worn the right way. If you have a small forehead, go for small and delicate hair accessories. You will be surprised to see how it can work magic with your look.
8. Back hangings: Go for deep back neck designs for your suits as well as saree blouse and don’t forget to add those sexy hangings. Well, it’s on you to bring sexy back!
9. Brooch: Brooches are available in different designs. They are very versatile as they can be used with ethnic as well as western wear, perfect to add some bling to your outfit!
10. A Classy Clutch: Make sure the size of your clutch is perfect to accommodate your phone, basic cosmetics and car keys. (You don’t want to be carrying your other stuff in your hand while carrying a clutch).
For that perfect ethnic look this festive season, go for a mix of vintage style with a modern touch. The key is to be selective in choosing that right something that goes well with your outfit.топодин