Well its true that the super tight look of the skinny pants have had a grip on our wardrobe for as long as I can remember but we have to agree that during monsoon when it gets a little humid, we are drawn towards a looser, slouchier silhouette.And our legs could use some breathing room, isn’t it? There is a certain swag in a wide legged flowy trouser that is really appealing and is a good way to give your basic shift dresses a much-needed break.
And, building an outfit around palazzo pants is way easier than you think. There’s something far cooler and effortless about a high-waisted palazzo pants when paired with a shapely crop top or a tucked-in tank. I still remember how Gwen Stefani rocked them back in nineties.
So currently, I’ve been drawn to how effortlessly chic they can look. They’re a solid solution for the times when you need to look presentable but still want to feel as comfortable as you do in your pajamas.
Some styling tips on how to wear palazzo pants
- Try to balance the total look and wear something slim fitting on top
- If you have a muffin top, go for a high waisted one to cover it
- Keep in mind to pick lighter weight materials that will not add bulk to your upper body
- If you want to look talk , try one with vertical stripes
- You can define your waist with a belt for a more crisp look
- Buy them long. It’s nice when your pants hide your high heels, it makes you look taller
- If you have a pear body shape, make sure you don’t have any side pockets as that will add extra bulk
- If you are short, just make sure that the pants are more fitted at the top and they don’t flare too much
- Add a pop of color with a statement bag
- Accessorise with a statement necklace or an earring
- Wear them with heels!
Palazzo Pants : Forever 21
Earrings : Ginger
Next time you find yourself tempted to pull on a pair of indigo, skinny jeans, just stop — and choose instead some statement-making, flowy, wide-legged trousers.
Follow me on Instagram for some daily fashion updates