I love the whimsy yet classic essence that a tassel brings to any outfit, whether it is on the end of a belt, a scarf or a necklace, making them an easy-to-wear accent that everyone can delight in!
Whether they’re dangling from a necklace or hanging from your ears, one of the easiest ways to incorporate tassels into your look is with jewelry.
So here is a very simple DIY on how to make a tassel necklace, so get ready to add a little bit of playfulness in your look.
What do you need?
- Anchor threads
- A cardboard or something to wrap the thread on
- A bit of glue
- Pliers if you plan to make chain from scratch
- Needle & Thread
- Take the cardboard and wrap the anchor thread around it
- Insert your scissors into the loop and carefully cut the thread from both sides
- Lay your cut out strings flat and tie a thread around the middle
- Pull the middle string and fold the rest into half
- Hold the top of the tassel and wrap the thread around it tight and make sure the tassel is secured
- Tie a knot , cut the extra thread and also cut the middle thread
- Once your tassel is ready, take a chain and put the tassel inside it as a pendant
- VOILA! Your Tassel Necklace is ready!
- Make sure you wrap enough thread to have a full tassel
- Trim the ends of the tassel to make sure they are even
- To help put the tassel in the chain easily, you can use needle and thread and tie it to one end of the chain and then insert the tassel