The biggest experts at Pantone declared Marsala to be the official ‘color of the year’ earlier this year, it definitely got a lot of public interest. But if you ask me what that means to me?? Well.. I honestly don’t know. It’s not that we all should allow the ‘color of the year’ to dictate what we’re wearing or what we buy, but its certainly interesting to see how this color is being seen everywhere from clothes, make-up pallets , jewellery, decor etc. This certainly sparks new ideas for our color play.
I know that Marsala was seen quite a bit in the high fashion runway shows last year and I guess it was about time to push it to mass market.Marsala is a complex tone that’s hard to put your finger on, Marsala almost changes completely when paired with other colours, sometimes it’s oxblood, other times it’s more of a sienna brown. Recently I picked this shirt and now I feel this color is growing on me.
Necklace: Thrifted (Details Here)
So here is why you should give it a shot!
1. Oh So Sophisticated : It has an earthy feel and richness that lends sophistication
2. Retro and very 70’s : Takes you back to 70’s , isn’t it? This is such a 70’s retro colour and a darker tone than we’re used to for spring and summer. Modern version of the mauves of yesteryear.
3. Skin tone Friendly: Quite versatile when it comes to the skin tones as it works for wide range of skin tones.
4. Simple to Sultry : This shade certainly has the appeal to go from simple to Sultry. I maybe a bit biased towards black instead but Marsala is still quite exciting that way.
5. For a Change: And you know what they say, “be the change you want to see in the world” 😉
Follow me on Instagram for some daily fashion updates